sbr animation

Monday, March 8, 2010

Fast - Ease Out

Today marks the first day on the road back to normal eating. Well, what I hope to become normal for me because normal for me usually means too much crap. I intended to limit sugary foods, dense high calorie foods, high fat foods, and highly processed foods. Damn, I'm hungry just looking at the list of stuff I want to limit.

Weight this morning was 157.8. Interesting that it went up a bit from yesterday. For breakfast I had some red grapes, a red grapefruit, and ate some of the steamed veggies I made to take for lunch. I took the grapes in to work along with some baby carrots and the aforementioned steamed broccoli, cauliflower and carrots. These were steamed with low sodium chicken broth from Wholefoods (365) and I added the warm stock from steaming to the veggies with a chopped up boiled egg. Had to nuke it for lunch at work but it was pretty good. I have a small piece of catfish to eat for dinner and I'm thinking of adding some brown rice. I wasn't going to originally but I think I want to eat something with some substance.

I felt really good this morning. I'm glad I did this since I've been wanting to for some time. I think I could have stayed on for a few more days, but that was not the intent and I want to my triathlon training. Can't do that and fast at the same time.

1 comment:

Jane said...

Are you saying that my cooking is crap??! Ha ha ;)))) I'm glad you stayed the course with the fasting.