sbr animation

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Fast - Day Four

Today is the first day of just juice and water. I got up early and made up 3 containers of juice for the work day; red grapefruit, orange pineapple, and apple. I already finished the grapefruit at my desk. 4 grapefruits made about 20 ounces.

For breakfast I had some grapefruit juice, then I took half a honeydew and some blueberries and threw them through the juicer. Yummage!

Weight this morning was 161.6

Last night for dinner Jane and I made a delicious vegetable "stew. Here's her write up from her blog:



Yesterday was Breen's last day of eating "solid" fruits and veggies on his 9 day fast. So we decided to make a very impromptu "vegetable stew" and I think this turned out to be the epitome of healthfulness. Literally it took less than 15 minutes to put together and there is absolutely nothing in here that is processed or bad for you. Just a big steaming bowl of green goodness.



Breen took 4 tomatoes (raw with the stems pulled off) and put them in the blender on puree. Meanwhile, I took a large pasta pot and filled it with about an inch of organic vegetable stock. I placed the steaming basket in there and filled it with cauliflower, broccoli and carrots. In a separate saute pan I heated up about 2 tablespoons of olive oil and cooked a chopped onion and red pepper; to that I added the tomatoes from the blender and heated it through. Once the veggies were steamed and tender, I threw them in a bowl and topped them off with the tomato sauce.

1 comment:

Jane said...

That was one good bowl of veggie stew!