sbr animation

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Sunday Scribblings 1/31/09

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.



It’s pretty hard to move forward while looking back. Most of the time you walk into a pole, sometimes into oncoming traffic. That’ll leave a mark. Sure there are things I’d do differently if I could do them over but I can’t so why waste energy on it. Then again, maybe I wouldn’t. The person I am is a culmination of all my experiences; everything I’ve done, said, thought, and seen, plus all the things I’ve not done, said, thought or seen.

The biggest one I used to have on the “things I’ve done” side of the ledger was thinking I never should have married who and when I did. But if I hadn’t I would have missed so much; I wouldn’t have two great kids who are evolving into great adults, I wouldn’t have moved to Philly to be a part of a dynamic and revolutionary group of recovering people, I wouldn’t have become a member of Unity church and would not have had intense life transforming experiences through the classes and workshops there, I wouldn’t have met the most perfect woman in the world for me.

The biggest one from the “things I’ve not done” side was not finishing my degree. But it is never too late. For anything. Ever. It’s all about choice. We cannot change the past but we control our future. Keep looking forward. Here, this might help; Luke 17:32.

4 comments:

Tumblewords: said...

Looking forward and living in the present. Yes.

Andy Sewina said...

Yeah, well said...

floreta said...

i like your perspective. i'm a little confused that you had thought you shouldn't have married who and when you did.... but then say she is perfect for you! good to hear though.

LEstes65 said...

Well said. Oh and you can now add that, since you started blogging...now you know ME!! You're life is now complete.