sbr animation

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Biscuit Head

Saturday morning and I'm sitting at the counter watching Max and Jane make biscuits, inspired by the Spin Doctors. Thanks to me, Max has become a fan of their song Biscuit Head. He found videos on you tube, is learning the lyrics, and wants us to play it at the wedding. I like the way he thinks.

My brother's wife was in the area last night because their oldest was at a Catholic HS swim meet. We met up for dinner and a visit. We went Italian and I ate too much. Feeling it this morning. I am scheduled for a 40 min run and a 40 min swim today. Kendall has a BB game at 10:00 so I won't have time to run before. Of course, I could have managed my nutrition and sleep better and gotten up earlier with less pasta sitting in my belly and gotten that done. At least it's sunny out. Tomorrow it's supposed to be sunny too and in the low 40's so I'll do my 80 min bike outdoors (yeah!!)

Wedding plans coming along but I am behind on my items; suit and music. We are going DIY digital so I have to collect and arrange the songs. No big deal really, just time consuming. The suit is not that big a deal either, but I have to coordinate with my son who does not own a suit or have money to buy one. Apparently he has money for other things, but not a suit for his father’s wedding. Does that sound resentful? I am a bit, but I understand. The boy (“grown ass man” in his words) has his own priorities. I don’t necessarily agree with him but want to be supportive. It will be my gift to him. He can wear it on job interviews after he graduates from college in a few years. The tricky part will be arranging the time around his school and work schedule; 12 credit hours and 30 hours of work. Very ambitious undertaking, considering he's not been in a traditional college setting before. He wants so badly to be out on his own again after his time in the Army. Living with his mother is cramping his style. I get it, but he has no idea what a gift it is to be able to live for free while going to school. He intends to pay his own way living on his own and going to school. He and some friends plan on getting an apartment near campus in North Philly. I want him to succeed but worry he is biting off too much. Of course, he knows better than me. Ah, to be 20 again. On second thought, no thanks!

No comments: