sbr animation

Sunday, February 21, 2010

To Strive, To Compete, To Achieve

As long as I can remember I've been inspired by the Olympic Games. The courage the athletes embody is palpable. These men and women are shining examples of the power of hard work, of commitment, of dreams, of decision. This week for 52 Projects I've recreated a classic Greek statue in a modern digital format to honor the spirit of athletic competition.



Gold, Silver, Bronze








This project combines a few things I've not done before; digital photo art, classic statue recreation, and putting nude images of myself on the web. Kinda going out on a limb but I think it's all in good taste.


7 comments:

Jane said...

Well done! I love these images and I'm so proud of you for putting them out there!

Erika (for Arianna :) said...

Wow, that looks cool. I did not know that was you. It looks like a classic statue from Greece. Well done!

dreamer said...

I think they look great,very relevant, and I love how you have tied the colours in with your title, simple but very effective. As a non athletic person I have to agree with your comments about the dedication of athletes,it must take a hell of a lot of determination and hard work to reach the top.

K A B L O O E Y said...

2 things: One: cool of you -- a bold move, well-executed. I was glad to see it because I have a real fondness for Olympics, since I used ton watch with my dad, an 4 years was a long time when we were young.
And two: how did you make the images? The relief effect is really great.

brandi said...

~i too thought this was either a drawing or a picture of a statue you manipulated...awesome and brave project...tastefull and intriguing concepts...does this have anything to do with the iron man competition...visualizing your win! brightest blessings~

Lis said...

I was nodding my head as I read through each achievement and then got to your last point and I just have to stand up and applaud you! Bravo! A new spin on baring one's soul ... :)

Annie Z said...

LOL! Good for you for going out on a limb! The effect is brilliant.