sbr animation

Sunday, February 28, 2010

In Response

Just wanted to take a moment and thank everyone for the comments on my 52 Projects last week. I wasn't quite sure how it would be received, especially since I seem to be the only male playing along so far. I'm not as artsy as my wife, or as crafty as many of those who have been posting on 52 Projects, so I think many of my projects will be in a slightly different vein.

To answer a couple of questions; I used Paint Shop Pro 7 to edit the images and I think I used the "Statue" effect combined with some other effects. I played around with so many styles that I'm not sure how the final project was made.

This does tie in slightly with my quest for Iron Man. On one level, I would have never thought of posing like that had I not redefined my body over the last few years. At one point I was about 30 lbs heavier and didn't even like to take my shirt off. I think I still have a way to go before I get to the point where I could use less post processing, but I am proud of how I look.

On another level, I have a small idea the hard work and sacrifice that elite athletes go through in order to accomplish their goals. A very small idea. What I do is nothing compared to what they do. The Greeks held the first Olympic games so I decided to use a classic Greek athletic figure to honor the men and women who work so hard.

1 comment:

Jane said...

You're in the elite group of men in our 52 Projects AND in my heart! Thank you so much for supporting this venture and sharing your projects every week. I love you!