sbr animation

Sunday, February 14, 2010

A Family Affair

I tell ya, being a parent will have you climbing the walls sometime. So why fight it?

This week I arranged for a family rock climbing excursion. Max and I have been climbing with my son for a while but this time we added a few climbers. Jane signed up for the beginner class, and I signed my daughter up as a gift for her birthday. Her husband signed up too, Kendall came along (she's too young for the adult class), and we had a family day of climbing. It was a great blended family event. I got to watch everyone interact, supporting and encouraging each other, belaying (and trusting) each other, and just having fun together. Rock climbing was not a first for me, but having everyone doing it together certainly was. We didn't take a whole lot of pictures because we were too busy climbing and having fun, but here are a few:


The "kids" and me:




Four out of five:





My beautiful bride:



Me climbing:




Me tying up loose ends:

9 comments:

Jane said...

That was so much fun! I can't wait to go back and try some more climbing. Thank you for trusting me with your life :)) Happy Valentine's Day, baby!!

Jane said...

Just stopping back to note that we are indeed blessed to have such a great family :)

Killara girl said...

lol looks like you had a blast...maybe i should coax my dh into doing that...what a great valentines pressie! i'll send him off with all the kids ;)

Anonymous said...

that looks like so much fun!

dreamer said...

I think it's great that you guys can have fun with all your family together :)

Erika (for Arianna :) said...

You know I have vertigo so I am not sure how I will do with heights, but looks like a lot of fun!

brandi said...

~a wonderful yet challenging way to spend the day together as a family...excellent! brightest blessings~

K A B L O O E Y said...

What a cool idea for a present. You guys look really happy, too. I wanted to try when we were on a cruise this summer, but never got to it. It looks very "Amazing Race" to me.

Lis said...

what a great day, great memories!

when i was in my 30s i decided i wanted to try climbing, so i did an Outward bound course in Joshua Tree. The best thing i've ever done and i can still feel the thrill of my first climb ...

thank you for reminding me of that!