sbr animation

Friday, January 22, 2010

Ouch, and damn!

So I'm injured. Again. This time it's the right achilles and I'm really frustrated. It seems like I've been dealing with one thing or another since Bassman. I aggravated my left peroneal tendon during that race (an old snowboard injury) and don't feel like I've been the same since. That threw off my mechanical balance a bit and when I started a new and intense winter training plan the imbalance combined with a new aggressive bike fit and the intesity and load of the training aggravated my left sacro-illiac joint and I had to shut down for two weeks. I eased back into a lighter training regimen and then got a sinus infection that sidelined me for about another week. Now I've tweaked my achillies such that I have to limp. I felt a twinge about a week and a half ago while doing fast, hard intervals during a fartlek run. Yesterday I ran at lunch and felt it stinging a bit. It got sore as the day went on. I iced a lot when I got home but went to bed with a limp. I've got it wrapped and elevated at work and have been icing here too. Everyone is asking me what's wrong. Fun stuff.

I'm really bummed because I have such big plans for the next two race seasons, with IMLP in July of 2011. My next race training cycle is to start on 2/1. It's a 16 week build to Harryman in NY. Then I have a week or two before I start another 16 week cycle leading to Savage Man.

I know I need to let my body heal, but I need to maintain my fitness at the same time.

Damn. Damn. Damn.

No comments: