sbr animation

Sunday, January 31, 2010

2 of 52

I’ve lived in the Philadelphia area for 20+ years. I’ve driven over it hundreds of times. I’ve crossed it in a PATCO train dozens of times. I’ve even run across the thing during 10K races, but I’ve never been on the pedestrian walkway of the Benjamin Franklin Bridge. Until now.

The Ben, as we like to call it, crosses the Delaware River, linking Pennsylvania and New Jersey. It is one of three bridges within the city limits and the only one the leads right in to Center City. I cross this bridge every day, twice a day, on my commute to and from work. Many times, in the evenings, I see beautiful sunsets illuminating the Philly skyline. I think Philadelphia has an awesome skyline and I’ve always wanted to stop and take pictures. So this week, for 52 Projects, I did. I drove across the bridge as usual on my way home from work, parked underneath it and headed up the south side walkway towards Camden. I got so caught up in looking and gawking and taking pictures that I never made it all the way across, but I did make it past the midpoint so technically I was on the Jersey side. I took a whole bunch of pictures but have narrowed it down to just a few to post here. I have a Photobucket page for posting things (like the cool SBR gif I put on my banner). I may go back and do some post processing on some of them. Hmmm, maybe another project to post?


8 comments:

Killara girl said...

these are awesome shots...bet you're glad you've finally taken them. i can't believe i've travelled 1/2 the world without a camera....if only we had digital in the old days!

Anonymous said...

i love the one of the skyline. even though i'm not a super big-city person, i loooove pictures of cityscapes.

Jane said...

I love these photos. I think we should both have our cameras on us a lot more when we go out and about. It's also fun to see you playing with the post processing too!

K A B L O O E Y said...

2nd shot's my favorite -- the one with the train light on the right. But a lot have a nice 'magic hour' quality to the light. Must have been cold up there.

Diana said...

That's a great one! I lived in San Diego for the first 31 of my 38 years, and there are lots of things I never got around to doing...how much I took for granted!

brandi said...

~stunning photos...i like the 1st & 8th shot the best...looking beyond the ordinary...and YES you should BOTH always be ARMED with your camara...never know what may arise...brightest blessings~

MrB said...

Thanks all for the kind words. I did have fun up there on the bridge, and I did play with some of the pictures using Paint Shop Pro. That may be my next project......

Rochelle said...

Very striking images.