sbr animation

Monday, January 4, 2010

Bless the Resolutioners

Today was my first trip to the gym since the start of the new year. Actually, I visited two gyms if you count the fitness center at work. Both were more crowded than usual, full of people who made a New Year's resolution to get fit. God bless their pointy little heads. I really don't mind the inconvenience this causes. I'm all for people getting fit. I just wish they'd keep at it. According to Dr. Donald E. Wetmore, 90% of those who join health and fitness clubs will stop going within the first 90 days. I don't know who Doctor Don is, but if he's right that number is pretty staggering. Hopefully they didn't sign long term contracts. I get it though. I've been there. Not for gym membership but any number of new things for the new year. I used to bite off way more than I could chew and would set myself up for failure. I don't make New Year's resolutions any more, but I do make decisions to act or not act a certain way as I am moved to do so. A new year can be a nice little prod to get moving with something, just make sure it's something that really serves you.

No comments: