sbr animation

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Wednesday Weigh In (on Thursday)

Weighed in at 165.8 yesterday, Wednesday, 11/16/11. I was about 157 when I raced Ironman Lake Placid 7/24/11; eight pounds gained in 4 months. Not too terrible I guess, but I was hoping to drop below the 157 after Ironman. I had dropped weight prior to starting full on training and wanted to get back to weight loss after the race. I knew it was foolish to try to lose weight while building fitness for such a grueling endurance event but figured I could just pick right up with where I left off. Oh, I picked right up; I picked up food. I kept my caloric intake pretty much the same but my training volume dropped significantly. So, I'm getting back at it. I'll be weighing in every Wednesday.

I decided a few weeks ago to stop eating sweets and dessert type stuff through the end of the year. No cookies, no candy, no cakes, no pies, no ice cream none of the stuff my wife bakes so well and I love so much. Now I need to get the workouts cranked back up and reduce the caloric intake a bit more. No more second helpings or two lunches ;) I'd like to get down to 155, but am more concerned about body composition that the actual number. I want to be leaner and lose the spare tire and fat deposits around the midsection

I have a half marathon race this Sunday, and then I intend to get back to a balanced SBR regimen of 3x ea per week, with 2 strength training session. I am pretty excited about the strength training because I am going to be working out with my son. He's certified in Crossfit and is working on some sort of Olympic weight lifting certification. I've got 3 weeks left of 2x per week with Dominic (the trainer I've been working with once a week for years) then I am turning myself over to Tim. Should be fun. And painful. I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

Jane said...

Go get em', tiger!!!