sbr animation

Friday, February 20, 2009

Yes I can!

I haven’t posted for a while and I’m not sure why. It’s not like I don’t have plenty of opinions on stuff. Work has been busy with pressure from several fronts, my training has picked up over the past few weeks, and wedding plans are cruising right along. Only 22 more days until we tie the knot. I am really looking forward to this. We will be cementing our commitment legally even though we are already there emotionally and spiritually.

I was thinking last week about all the steps that have led me here; my marriage, my divorce, a broken heart or two, breaking a heart. I had a couple of relationships since my divorce and one that was pretty significant in many ways. She was (is) a really good person and cared for me a great deal. I just couldn’t fully reciprocate and at times feel badly for how things went. We were together and apart a few times, with me ending it each time. There was a strong bond between us, and us being together and apart ultimately led me to refine and hold onto the four things I wanted in a mate; to really connect emotionally, spiritually, intellectually and physically. She and I had some but not all and at times I wondered if I was asking for too much. I wondered if I really could have it all. Guess what? I can. We all can!

No comments: