sbr animation

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Winter Wonderland

We had a bit of snow yesterday and took some time last night to enjoy it. Time seemed to stand still, like we had nothing else to do but play and enjoy. When I got home from work I shoveled the walk but it was pointless because the snow kept falling. At least I got some ice melt down so shoveling this morning was much easier. Anyway, I poked my head in the front door and announced that everyone was required to stop whatever they were doing and come outside for a snowball fight. The kids obliged, but Jane decided to enjoy some time alone. We played for 20 minutes or so, then went in so they could eat dinner and I could get on the bike trainer for a workout.

After dinner and my trainer ride (boring!) Jane and I went for a nice long walk in the falling snow. Alone. Max started out with us but we made him go back because he wasn't wearing a hat. It was so nice to spend time together in the cold and snow. We walked through the small downtown area and up and down the streets of our neighborhood. When we came back to the house we got ambushed by the kids with snowballs. We spent quite a while out there throwing snow around. Kids from across the street came out for a while until their dad announced it was 9:30, time to come in. WTF? It was snowing! There is no time to come in when it's snowing. Especially not at 9:30 when it's almost certain schools would be closed or at least delayed in the morning. Things quieted down a bit after that so we went in to enjoy some hot chocolate.

Sitting there sipping the hot chocolate I couldn't stop thinking about a hill at the school just up the road. After some mental debate, I got my gear together and Jane and I headed up there so I could ride my snowboard. The hill wasn't very big and there really wasn't enough snow but I got in 6 rides or so and it was pretty awesome. I haven't been out in a while and now I've got the fever again. We WILL be heading to the Poconos at some point this winter! Kendall wants to learn and Max seems open to the idea. Not sure if they will ski or snowboard, but I know what I will do!

7 comments:

The Viv said...

Snowball fights with the kiddies and walks with your honey....

good job man.

viv

Jane said...

That was so much fun!!!!

CrystalChick said...

Hello!! The snow really was beautiful that night. Hubs also shoveled the walk and then wondered why as it was still coming down. Getting a jump on the morning shoveling was why! We were out pretty early but got ours done quickly so that allowed us to clear some steps and walks for a few neighbors before they woke up. :)
Welcome to blogland. Your fiance is is pretty awesome! I think you know that already. lol

Genie Sea said...

Welcome to the neighborhood Breen! I brought virtual fruit salad! :)

Mz Jane sent me on over, and here I am. Sounds like you were made for snow. :)

LEstes65 said...

Well well well. I have been long missing from my regular blogging haunts. I head back to Jane's page and what do I find? I link to YOU, my friend! You're in for it now! Welcome to my ABC (Awesome Blogger Chicks) club. You will be an honorary ABC.

Soul Funk Goddess said...

Looks like Genie and I had the same idea. She brought the virtual salad, and here I am with a virtual casserole.

Welcome to the blogging neighborhood! I'm one of your biggest fans. =)

Jane sent me over, and I must say...I love hearing about your active, dynamic, fun-filled and blessed life. Kudos!

MrB said...

Thanks to all for making me feel so welcome. Now, who brought the virtual brownies?