sbr animation

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Who's Your Daddy?

Happy Father's Day to me! I got presents! A bicycle repair stand and a set of bike tools. Woo Hoo!!!!



So, for 52 Projects I gave my bike the once over!!!

Ok, not just for 52 Projects. I've wanted to break down, clean & lube my bike for quite some time but didn't have the proper tools. Now I do!!!!!!!



I set up the stand and clamped my bike in




I took off the chain and soaked it in degreaser



I pulled both cranks and cleaned them up real well.


I then pulled the bottom bracket. Bottom bracket was a pain in the ass, and in the hand. Also, the camera ran out of batteries so I have no pics of the BB out but here's one of it still in with the crank off, and one of my hand after the wrench slipped. That bottom bracket was in there tight!





Then I pulled the cassette and cleaned it


And I pulled the rear axle and cleaned and regreased the bearings. Again no pic other than the "after" once I got it reassembled. I have to remember to take more pictures but it's hard to stop when I'm on a roll, plus my hands were just a tad greasy.



Here's a cool shot of the bottom bracket and drive side crank after they were reinstalled


Here's one of the cassette and rear derailleur




Here's my baby all back together and ready to ride



Here's a run down of all the work;

Pull, clean, lube, reinstall chain
Pull & clean both cranks
Pull & clean bottom bracket
Pull & clean cassette
Remove dork disc
Clean & re grease rear axle
Replace brake pads
Tighten spokes

5 comments:

Erika (for Arianna :) said...

I hope your hand heals nicely. I love how the bike looks :)

Jane said...

You certainly had a lot of fun down there in the basement. I'm so glad that you finally have the right tools and equipment for the bike!

K A B L O O E Y said...

Now that is a great present. I have to confess, I have no idea how to do any work on my new bike, nor did I ever do anything on any of the bikes I owned. Again, you've given me a great idea for a future project. Ride on!

Diana said...

Ouch (hand!).

I need to borrow that kit...now that H is bigger, it's time to rehab my bike so we can ride together:-)

Diana said...

Ouch (hand!).

I need to borrow that kit...now that H is bigger, it's time to rehab my bike so we can ride together:-)