sbr animation

Monday, May 31, 2010

Daddy Did The Double Down

One of the things I like so much about 52 Projects is the freedom to be inspired. This project is one of those things where ideas and opportunity align and inspiration hits hard.

A few weeks ago I read a thread on a triathlon message board about a new meal at Kentucky Fried Chicken. It's two slabs of breaded and fried chicken breast with cheese, bacon, and some creamy sort of sauce in between. At first I didn't even think it was a real menu item. What restaurant would really sell such disgustingly decadent deadly deliciousness?


Surprise, it is real!



As much as I know how horribly unhealthy it is, how many calories and grams of salt laden fat it contains, how against the laws of nature it may be, I had to have one. I didn't know when I would do it, but I knew I would. It was only a matter of time. As much as a firey crash is only a matter of time for a race car driver.

That time came on Friday. We were heading out of town for a family wedding and needed to grab a quick bite on the road. We turned at the last light before the highway entrance and there it was; a KFC/Taco Bell restaurant. That's when I knew. It was time.

I would tell you I'll never do it again but that may be a lie. It was delicious in that this-is-so-wrong- kind of way. I could feel my arteries clog as I sat there enjoying the gooey, salty, greasy yumminess of it all.

Colonel Sanders, I salute you!

8 comments:

Jane said...

That was one hell of a sandwich baby! Any time you want to sneak to a KFC and order another, there's one down the road :))

Jane said...

PS: had that sandwich actually had bread, it probably would have been the healthiest part of it ;)

K A B L O O E Y said...

HA! You know, this really sounds like a fake story that The Onion would have printed. If they serve that thing in NYC, they'll have to add a calorie count and nutritional information. (ooh, I may go google it) And I love that this was your Project! AT last, a project that I know I can achieve. Mind you, I'm not going to right now, but still. That I can replicate.

Jane said...

Just stopping by to let you know I finally posted my project this morning. Go on over to 52 projects and take a peek :)

Alisha said...

hahaha!!! that's great. i have been intrigued by this sandwich...as, well...when i get a burger, i order it without a bun. so this sandwich makes total sense to me...but the fried part is what gets me. however, let's be honest: anything with bacon tastes great :)

brandi said...

~way to go soldier!! a gold star you should get for even thinking of attempting that sandwich...i can't even imagine....i think your post was a project in itself!! you made it quite enticing of an adventure yet i think i may have to refrain from such project...to funny are you! warm wishes and brightest blessings~

Killara girl said...

lol, hmm, eating your way thru 52 projects...that sounds good to me!

Annie Z said...

Oh god, I feel ill!!! lol